Hiring a Chauffeur and Car in Switzerland? Here are MUST READ Tips
Switzerland is a beautiful destination that attracts tourists from across the globe. While many tourists prefer traveling by public transport, there are many others who enjoy the comfort and convenience of traveling in a car. If you are traveling to Switzerland anytime soon and have decided to hiring a Chauffeur and Car to explore the destination, here are some tips to keep in mind.
- Plan the trip well: First thing to keep in mind is that Switzerland does not have a lot of airports and the primary way to travel across the country is in a train. Car hire is another great option. You will be arriving at the Geneva airport and you can rent a car from here. You can easily hire a Chauffeur and Car once you reach or you can book one before you land.
- Choose the vehicle: If you have decided on the car type, size and brand, you can book one in advance. It can be easily done online and will allow you to enjoy peace of mind, knowing that the car will be waiting for you when you land.
- Consider the roads: One thing to keep in mind when choosing the vehicle is the sort of roads you intend to drive on. If you are hopping from one city to another, a 4X4 will be ideal but if you are traveling to villages, this might not be a good idea.
- Costs: If you are going to drive the car, you need to consider the upfront costs as it will also depend on the season you choose to visit in. If you are booking a car, you can check with the company about the upfront costs. Do not forget to ask about the taxes.
- Diesel or gas: You need to choose between gas and diesel while keeping their rates in mind. The cost will vary across the country so make a decision accordingly.
- Insurance: The cost of insurance will be included in the price of hiring the car as it is illegal to drive a car without insurance. So, if you are going to drive the car, ensure it includes insurance cost.
- Check the hold charges: The hold charge is an amount that will be billed to the credit card you book from and it can go as high as $1,000. It is a charge that is on hold in case something goes wrong with the car.
- Navigation: Navigating in Switzerland is easy and convenient. There are well maintained roads and your car will come with an in-built GPS.
- Car pick up/drop off : If you are going to drive the car, the pick up process is simple. You will first complete the paperwork and then shown around the car. But if you have hired a car with a chauffeur, they will pick you up from the airport or the hotel.
- Check the cost: No matter the type of car you choose or whether you have a chauffeur driven car, it is important to check the cost. There might be extra charges that you are not aware of and it needs to be worked out.
Complete the booking before you leave the country to make the process easy and convenient for you.
About Geneva Car Services:
Geneva Car Services provides Premium Chauffeur & Protection Service, Providing Safe, Reliable Corporate and VIP Chauffeur service in Geneva and Geneva to all the other major cities around Switzerland.
Geneva Car Services also offer private Geneva Airport ski transfers to a wide range of ski resorts in France, Italy and Switzerland.