- Train: The quickest and most convenient way to get to Zermatt from Geneva is by taking a train. The journey takes around 3 hours and trains run regularly throughout the day.
- Bus: There are also bus services that run between Geneva and Zermatt, but this option takes longer than taking the train and is not as comfortable.
- Car rental: You can also rent a car in Geneva and drive to Zermatt, but keep in mind that Zermatt is a car-free village and you will need to park your car in a nearby town and take a train or electric taxi to get to the village.
- Private transfer: Hire a private transfer service, which can be more expensive than other options but it will be convenient and comfortable for you.
- Self-drive: You can also drive to Zermatt via Simplon pass, but this is only recommended for experienced drivers and the road can be closed in winter.
Transfer from Geneva to Zermatt
How To Reach Zermatt From Geneva
There are a few options for transferring from Geneva to Zermatt:
Top 5 Zermatt cuisines
- Raclette: A traditional Swiss dish made from melted raclette cheese, served with potatoes, gherkins, and pickled onions.
- Fondue: A classic Swiss dish of melted cheese served in a pot, with bread cubes for dipping.
- Rösti: A traditional Swiss potato dish, often served as a side with raclette or fondue.
- Zürcher Geschnetzeltes: Thinly sliced veal or pork in a creamy mushroom sauce, served with rösti.
- Zermatt Tartiflette: A hearty dish made with potatoes, bacon, cream, and reblochon cheese. It’s a popular dish that is served in many restaurants in the village.
These are some of the most popular dishes of the region, but you can find a variety of international cuisine in Zermatt as well, from Italian to Japanese, from Indian to Chinese.
Top 5 Luxurious Hotels in Zermatt
- The Riffelalp Resort 2222m: This luxurious hotel offers stunning views of the Matterhorn and is located on a private hilltop. It features a spa, an indoor swimming pool and a restaurant with panoramic views.
- Mont Cervin Palace: This grand hotel is located in the heart of Zermatt and offers elegant guest rooms and suites, as well as a spa, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, and a gourmet restaurant.
- The Omnia: The Omnia is a luxurious hotel with a contemporary design and offers an outdoor hot tub and an indoor pool. It’s located in the center of Zermatt and offers a great view of the Matterhorn.
- The Matterhorn Focus: The Matterhorn Focus is a luxurious hotel that offers panoramic views of the Matterhorn and is located in the center of Zermatt. It features a spa, an indoor swimming pool and a restaurant with panoramic views.
- The Grand Hotel Zermatterhof: This luxurious hotel is located in the center of Zermatt and offers elegant guest rooms and suites, as well as a spa, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, and a gourmet restaurant. It’s one of the most iconic hotels in the village and offers an exceptional service, making it a great choice for luxury travelers.
The nearest airports to Zermatt
- Sion Airport (SIR): This airport is located about 69 km (43 miles) from Zermatt and it offers flights from major Swiss cities, such as Geneva and Zurich.
- Milan Malpensa Airport (MXP): This airport is located about 150 km (93 miles) from Zermatt and it offers flights from many international destinations as well as some domestic flights.
- Geneva Airport (GVA): This airport is located about 160 km (99 miles) from Zermatt and it offers flights from many international destinations as well as some domestic flights.
- Milan Linate Airport (LIN): This airport is located about 180 km (112 miles) from Zermatt and it offers flights from many international destinations as well as some domestic flights.
- Zurich Airport (ZRH): This airport is located about 200 km (124 miles) from Zermatt and it offers flights from many international destinations as well as some domestic flights.
Keep in mind that from these airports you will need to take a train or bus to get to Zermatt as the village is car-free.
Zermatt is a mountain resort village located in the southern Swiss Alps. It is situated at an altitude of 1,620 meters (5,310 feet) and is best known for its stunning views of the Matterhorn, one of the most iconic mountains in the world. It is a car-free village, which makes it a unique and peaceful place to visit. It is also a popular destination for winter sports, such as skiing and snowboarding, and summer activities like hiking, climbing and paragliding.
Zermatt offers a wide range of accommodation options, from budget-friendly hostels to luxurious five-star hotels. There are also many restaurants, bars, and shops in the village, as well as a variety of cultural and entertainment options.
The village is also famous for skiing, it has one of the most extensive ski area in the alps, it’s a paradise for skiers and snowboarders. With over 360 km of ski runs and a high-altitude ski area that is open all year round, Zermatt has something to offer for all levels of skiers and snowboarders.
In the summer, Zermatt is a popular destination for hikers, offering hundreds of kilometers of marked trails and breathtaking views of the Matterhorn and the surrounding mountains.
In summary, Zermatt is a beautiful and unique mountain village that offers a wide range of activities for visitors all year round, from skiing and snowboarding in the winter to hiking and climbing in the summer, and all surrounded by the breathtaking views of the Matterhorn.
Why book with us
Meet & greet
Your driver will be waiting to meet you no matter what happens
Enjoy a high-quality transfer experience at fair prices
No delays – we’ll get you to your destination on time
For complete peace of mind we’ll take you directly to your hotel door